Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Teacher's Manual


I have this one Chinese boy whom I've been teaching for some weeks. He is a very bright boy, too bright that I always find myself having to outsmart him because he is indeed smart.



And why on earth should a smart boy like him need a tutor like me?


Well, for all his good grades in mathematics, science, and other subjects, he always find it difficult to score in Bahasa Melayu paper. Indeed, his Malay language skill is almost zero. He speaks fluent English, good Mandarin, basic French, but zero Malay.


So there comes my duty. I have to introduce him all the Malay vocabs, force him writing and reading the language. It is well, easy and stressful at times. Luckily he is one adorable young boy. In between classes, we will play all sorts of games, just to keep him interested in learning the new language. And I have to be extra creative since it is hard to keep him focused.

No comments:

Post a Comment